Founded: 11 July, 2016
The President’s Office formed the “National Reconciliation and Peace Center” with the release of Order 50/2016. The following is the full translation of the Order.
MPC – Myanmar Peace Center was replaced NRPC Republic of the Union of Myanmar President’s Office Order 50/2016 7th Waxing of Waso, 1378 ME Formation of National Reconciliation and Peace Center In order to set necessary policies and guidelines for ensuring the successful implementation of national reconciliation and peace process, the NRPC was formed with 10 members led by Union Minister for the Offi ce of State Counsellor U Kyaw Tint Swe as chairman together with Union Minister for Border Affairs Lt-Gen Ye Aung as vice chairman and Director-General U Maung Maung Tint of Planning Department of the Ministry of Planning and Finance as secretary.
Functions and duties of the National Reconciliation and Peace Center are as follows:-
(a) to set policies and guidelines needed for national reconciliation process,
(b) to set policies and guidelines needed for internal peace process,
(c) to set policies for coordination with local and foreign donors, governments, international
nongovernmental organizations and international institutions regarding assistance to national reconciliation and peace processes,
(d) to lead and lay down guidelines paving the way to participation of the government, Hluttaw, Tatmadaw, ethnic organizations and ethnic armed groups, civil society organizations, international community and donors and local and foreign experts from various sectors in national reconciliation and peace processes,
(e) to seek ways and means for turning the Republic of the Union of Myanmar into a Democratic Federal Union, and
(f) to release procedures and directives needed for implementation of functions of the National Reconciliation and Peace Center-NRPC.
3. The NRPC shall form and appoint technical board and support team in order to ensure successful implementation of national reconciliation and peace processes in accord with rules and regulations.
Sd/ Htin Kyaw
Republic of the Union of Myanmar
1. Chairperson – State Counsellor Daw Aung San Suu Kyi
2. Vice-Chairman 1– Union Minister for the Offi ce of the State Counsellor U Kyaw Tint Swe
3. Vice Chairman 2– Dr Tin Myo Win, Chairman of Preparatory Committee for Union Peace Conference-21st Century Panglong
4. Union Minister for Border Affairs, Lt-Gen Ye Aung
5. Union Minister for Ethnic Affairs, Nai Thet Lwin
6. Union Attorney-General U Tun Tun Oo
7. Lt-Gen Yar Pyae – Commander of Bureau
of Special Operation 2, Ministry of Defense
8. Lt-Gen Min Naung – Comander of Bureau
of Special Operation 4, Ministry of Defense
9. U Khun Maung Thaung (Pinlaung Constituency)
10. Chairman of Pyithu Hluttaw Ethnic Affairs and Internal Peace Implementation Committee
11. Daw Shila Nan Taung (a) Daw M Nan Taung – (Kachin State Constituency 2
12. Chairman of Amyotha Hluttaw Ethnic Affairs Committee
13. Deputy Minister for the Office of the State Counsellor U Khin Maung Tin – Secretary
Ceasefire & Peace Process
Union Peace Conference-21st
Century Panglong – August 31-September 3, 2016
Official delegation team Rational